My daughter is now 19 months old and it’s finally hit- Baby Fever. You know the feeling. You’re browsing Facebook or Instagram and your friend posts a picture of their brand new, wrinkly, pudgy yet tiny sleeping baby and all of a sudden your uterus is screaming at you “I WANT ANOTHER ONE!” Okay, so maybe I’m the only one, but just as a reminder for myself when my will is weak, I’ve come up with 15 reasons why I’m glad that I’m not pregnant right now!
- No nausea! That’s right! The smell of cooking food, bananas, cheese, eggs, it’s all wonderful and doesn’t make me want to hurl! Hooray!
- All my clothes fit. I mean, they don’t fit great, because I’m still working off that baby weight… eighteen months later… shut up.
- Strangers don’t touch my body. Ever.
- I don’t have to answer the same questions like “What’s your due date?” “How far along are you?” and “Is it a boy or a girl?” every day for the next nine months! Instead, I just get to answer the same questions from my toddler ever nine minutes. Oh, who am I kidding? It’s more like every 9 seconds.
- Wine. Because wine.
- I can wear my wedding rings.
- I can ride a roller coaster, jump in a bounce house, go skydiving, or even scuba diving! My only limits are my imagination and my budget! Netflix on the couch it is, then.
- My ankles are an acceptable size, as are my feet and fingers!
- I don’t have to pee every 15 minutes!
- I can eat sushi, soft cheeses, and deli meat till my heart’s content!
- After a long day with my limit-testing toddler I can relax in the hot tub with a good book and a strong drink.
- I don’t have to be rolled over by my husband like a beached whale every time I want to move in the bed.
- When I look down, I see my feet! Which reminds me, I need a pedicure!
- I can get a pedicure and not worry about the harmful chemicals in the nail salon.
- I can walk to the other side of the house without getting out of breath.
Pregnancy is great, babies are awesome. And I really do want another baby some day, but not right now. Right now I’m going to enjoy that my body is my own and that life with my husband and our daughter is pretty awesome just the way it is.
Do you have another reason you’d add to the list? I’d love to hear it!